New article

Guillaume Jacques rgyalrongskad at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 23 10:34:49 UTC 2013

Dear all,

My article on antipassive in Japhug (and on its grammaticalization process)
has just been published on the Lingua website for the first issue of 2014
(it already has its full reference):

https://www.academia.edu/4483958/Denominal_affixes_as_sources_of_antipassive_markers_in_Japhug_Rgyalrong

Unfortunately, one typo has not been corrected: in example (10), please
change *pʰɤrtʰɤβ to pɤrtʰɤβ

Your comments on this work are welcome, on the list or privately. One
important question is whether the grammaticalization of antipassive
prefixes from denominal markers in a Rgyalrong-proper innovation or whether
Khroskyabs and Tre-Hor languages also shared it at some stage. If this is
the case, we should be able to find at least one or two fossilized examples
of antipassives (but this will require collecting extensive vocabulary).
>From what I know of Stau, I doubt that we will find an example in this
language, but it could be interesting to try.

Best regards,

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Jacques