Name for the Western Rgyalrong languages

Guillaume Jacques rgyalrongskad at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 25 08:49:45 UTC 2013

Dear Gyulha,

Concerning the language names, if we want to change Lavrung for something
else, the first step is to use this name, especially in official
publications, and then have it accepted by Ethnologue (Jesse on this list
can perhaps contribute here to explain the procedure to us).

I still have a question. Jesse mentioned the alternative spelling
Chos-skyabs, which makes more sense in Tibetan than Khros-skyabs. What is
the local pronunciation of Khros-skyabs? Do we have kʰr- or tʂʰ-?
I would suggest, for the Western name of this language, to write Khroskyabs
as one word (without hypen) and without repeating the s at syllable
juncture.

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Jacques