virus attack on rstlist yesterday

William Mann bill_mann at SIL.ORG
Sun Dec 23 11:47:28 UTC 2001

Dear RST list members:

Yesterday our list was subject to a virus attack.  I sincerely hope that all
of you had defensive measures and habits in place, and were not seriously
affected.
You should, if you have not done so, DELETE BOTH OF THE MESSAGES FROM Keiko
Nonaka <knonaka at KUS.HOKKYODAI.AC.JP>  .

Please note that Keiko Nonaka is surely a victim of a virus attack, and may
not be aware even now of the abuse of this address.  However, this person
has been deleted from RSTList as a defense for the rest of us.

I have made some changes in the way that the list is controlled.

The basic change is that all attachments to messages are blocked from
flowing through the list.
If you have any sort of problems with the list, please send me personal
email about them:  bill_mann at SIL.ORG

I sent you a message containing a lot of detail about this virus.  That
message was mostly a copy of a message that Max Louwerse attempted to send
to the list.  I recommend that you trust that message.  We can be grateful
to Max for sending it.

May all of you have peace and joy in this season of celebration.

Bill Mann

 William C. Mann
SIL in USA
6739 Cross Creek Estates Road