educational applications of RST

Paola Rizzo rizzo at DSI.UNIROMA1.IT
Fri Jul 13 19:12:25 UTC 2001

Hello,

I am a visiting researcher at the Information Sciences Institute of the
Univ. of Southern California. Here I am working on a project concerning a
software tool that should help students author explanations of web pages
according to the Rhetorical Structure Theory.

I have a couple of questions:

- are you aware of any literature or project about teaching students how to
prepare reports and/or presentations according to the RST?

- is there any study that proposes some RST-based criteria for preparing
well-structured pedagogical texts?

Thanks a lot for any collaboration! Best regards,

     Paola Rizzo