RST for media items (P.S.)

John Bateman bateman at UNI-BREMEN.DE
Thu Mar 7 17:56:18 UTC 2002

> RST could provide the basis in order to determine the position and the
> order for the elements forming the presentation.

I would also refer you to the paper Bateman/Kamps/Kleinz/Reichenberger
from Sep 2001 in the Computational Linguistics journal, which shows
the use of RST in the description and generation of presentations
involving complex layout. There are also references in that paper
to much of the previous and other ongoing work using RST for
multimodal/media presentations.

JB.

--
John Bateman
FB10, Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaften

Tel: +49/421-218-9483
Fax: +49/421-218-4283 (or 218-7801)
http://www.uni-bremen.de/~bateman