Double Object Constructions

Doug Cooper doug at th.net
Wed Mar 29 11:27:24 UTC 2000

Dear Kem:
  The only likely on-line resource I know of is the collection of
Stan Starosta's students' theses (which Chris Court refers to), at:

   http://www2.hawaii.edu/~stanley/theses.html

particularly Saranya Savetamalya _Thai Nouns and Noun Phrases_
(1989), and Kitima Indrambarya _Subcategorization of Verbs in Thai_
(1994).

   Grammars are few and far between.  Most often cited are Vichan
Panupong's _Intersentence Relations in Modern Conversational
Thai_ (Siam Society 1970), and Richard Noss's _Thai Reference
Grammar_ (Foreign Service Institute, 1964).

  Other good sources are the Pan Asiatic Linguistics collections.
Perhaps some other list member can recall a relevant citation.

  What are you trying to get at in particular?  If it's any help, I have
a quite large Thai text corpus (100's of megabytes) that can be
searched for contexts containing (A near B) constructions, where
'near' is any number of letters.  It's not on-line yet, but I'd be happy
to do some searches for you.

  Best,
  Doug Cooper
          1425 VP Tower, 21/45 Soi Chawakun
        Rangnam Road, Rajthevi, Bangkok, 10400
    doug at th.net (662) 246-8946  fax (662) 246-8789

  Southeast Asian Software Research Center, Bangkok
  http://seasrc.th.net         -->  SEASRC Web site
  http://seasrc.th.net/sealang --> SEALANG Web site