sum: references on Thai grammar and double object constructions

Kemtong Sinwongsuwat ksinwong at students.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 31 02:53:23 UTC 2000

Dear List Members,

I recently made an inquiry requesting available references on Thai grammar
and double object constuctions (DOCs) in Thai. I'm so grateful to those who
took time to respond and make comments on my inquiry, especially Doug and
Chris. Also, many thanks to Khun Kitima Indrambarya. Below are the
references and the sources of references I received. So far, I've found
several studies done on DOCs especially in the Goverment and Binding
Framework, but none of them deals specifically with Thai. If I come up with
more references relevant to Thai, I'll post them to the list again.

Regards,

Kem

Sources of references:

UH's MA Theses and PhD dissertations available at:
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~stanley/theses.html

References on Thai grammar:

James, Hellen. (1999). Thai Reference Grammar. French's Forest NSW :
Allen & Unwin.
Noss, Richard B. (1964). Thai Reference Grammar. Washington : Foreign
Service Institute.

Other references:

Indrambarya, Kitima. (1994). Subcategorization of Verbs in Thai. Ph.D.
Dissertation, University of Hawai'i.
Indrambarya, Kitima. (1997).' The Status of the Word 'hay' in Thai' Pacific
        Linguistics A-90: Papers in Asian Linguistics No.16, ed. by M.
Clark.          ANU.
Panupong, Vichin. (1970). Inter-Sentences in Modern Conversational Thai.
Bangkok: The Siam Society.
Savetamalya, Saranya. (1989). Thai Nouns and Noun Phrases. Ph.D.
Dissertation, University of Hawai'i.

"You find true joy and happiness in life
 when you give and give and go on giving
 and never count the cost."

                            Eileen Caddy, The Dawn of Change