Cambodian [Khmer]: Huffman's manual on-line?

navako Navako at metta.lk
Wed Nov 5 18:20:39 UTC 2003

Hello,

 Huffman & Proum's _Cambodian System of Writing_ has been public domain
since 1975 (by the author's explicit intent, stated in the frontispiece).
This book remains the standard, but has not become widely available, in
inexpensive P.D. editions.

 I imagine that I am not the only student who requires the book, and so I
have scanned the first 90 pages (plus the appendix) into an electronic image
format.  I would be glad to send this (on a CD-Rom, by mail) to anyone at an
educational institution that would make the scans available on-line for
general use.  I could scan the additional pages up to the reading/review
exercises, if there is sufficient interest, so that all of the phonological
discussions are included.  At present, the scans cover all of the essentials
of the system of writing.

 The electronic images whereby the text is preserved are, at present, very
high-quality, and a reduction in size & DPI might be appropriate to save on
bandwidth costs.

 Please get in touch with me if you are interested,

 I will restate my request for anyone who knows of a source dealing with the
specifics of Pali in Khmer (or Khmer-Pali primers that are in print, or
otherwise available) to please step forward.

E. Mazard

--
A saying of the Buddha from http://metta.lk/
Better than a thousand verses, comprising useless words, is one beneficial