UNESCO's Endangered Languages Programme (fwd)

Yuphaphann Hoonchamlong yuphapha at hawaii.edu
Thu Jul 7 04:50:33 UTC 2005

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:58:23 -0500
From: LCTL coordinator <lctl at UMN.EDU>

Note forwarded from UNESCO's Endangered Languages Programme:
-------------------------------------

I am writing to you as a contact for the Less commonly taught
Languages resources / listservs.
I would like to bring to your attention a Call for Submissions to a
new database project launched by UNESCO's Endangered Languages
Programme: the 'Register of Good Practices in Language Preservation.'

The purpose of this Register is to collect experience reports
concerning any kind of language preservation efforts, from speaker
communities, governmental and non-governmental organisations, related
experts, etc. Our goal is to provide a free online practice-based
source of information as an aid and encouragement for future language
preservation projects.

To this end, we would like to ask you to please disseminate the
attached Call for Submissions as widely as possible, using your
relevant E mailing lists and listservs, in order to reach any persons
and organizations who may be interested in contributing to the
Register.

If possible, maybe you could also set up a link from your
organization's web page to our Register homepage:
www.unesco.org/culture/endangeredlanguages/goodpractices .

Please reply to the above address (ling.diversity at unesco.org) in case
of any further questions.
Thank you very much in advance, and with best regards,

Barbara Soukup
(UNESCO Endangered Languages Programme)

CARLA's Less Commonly Taught Languages Project sponsors this list and
many other resources.
http://www.carla.umn.edu/LCTL