hook-rhyme

Yuphaphann Hoonchamlong yuphapha at HAWAII.EDU
Fri Oct 2 23:32:52 UTC 2009

Dear list members,
This is to add information to Prof. Behr's reply.
An excerpt from Tom Hudak's 1990 work on *The Indigenization of Pali Meters
in Thai Poetry.* (Monographs in International Studies.
Southeast Asia Series No. 87. Athens: Ohio University.)
can be found at:
http://thaiarc.tu.ac.th/poetry/poem.html

The Thai rhyming scheme closest to the "hook-rhyme" as described in Joshua's
query is the  ร่าย "raay"

--------------
Yuphaphann Hoonchamlong
Associate Professor of Thai