RESEARCH PROJECT ON RUSSIAN EMIGRATION

Heinrich Pfandl pfandl at balu.kfunigraz.ac.at
Mon Apr 10 16:36:16 UTC 1995

DEAR SEELANGERS!
Dear colleagues and friends!  (***Russian text see below***).
                                                 Graz, Austria, April 1995

My name is Heinrich Pfandl, I am a 40-year-old professor of Russian at the
University of Graz, Austria. I am at present engaged in a three-year
research project on certain aspects of the life-style (language, culture)
of Russian-speaking people who left their home-countries from the 1970s to
the present day. That is why I am trying to establish contact to
Russian-speaking people who are living "abroad", in order to investigate
some of the aspects of the so-called "third wave" of Russian (Soviet)
emigration. I already  sent one questonnaire via "Info-Russ". But as I am
now (through no fault of my own) deprived of the possibility of sending
further requests to this group, I would like to use SEELANGS in order to
ask you for your assistance in my work. Let me entreat those of you who
would be willing to approach their family or friends with a (Russian)
questionnaire on the above topic or even help them fill in the answers to
the questions, to indicate their willingness to help me by sending a
message to
                                pfandl at balu.kfunigraz.ac.at
 (e.g. by using the words "I would like to help"). First of all, I still
need answers from people who emigrated before 1990 (but in any case not
after 1992).
I can even offer you a small sum of money for every questionnaire completed
in recompense for your effort (5$).
Those of you who already filled out the first questionnaire will get the
second in the end of May.

Let me thank you in advance for your kind co-operation.

Dorogie kollegi, dorogie druz'ya!
                                                Graz, Avstrija, v aprele 199=
4

K vam obraschaetsya Heinrich Pfandl, 40 let, avstrijskij filolog-slavist.
Pri universitete goroda Graza, Avstrija, v dannoe vremya pod moim
rukovodstvom osuschestvlyaetsya trehletnij issledovatel'skij proekt,
predmetom kotorogo yavlyaetsya rassmotrenie neskol'kih aspektov zhizni
(yazyka, kul'tury) russkoyazychnogo naseleniya, priehavshego v zapadnye
strany s nachala 70-h let do nashih dney. Do six por blagodarya kontaktam
po seti Info-Russ vyslan pervyj voprosnik, odnako vozmozhnost=B4 razshiryat=
=B4
krug kontaktov po nezavisyashchim ot meny prichinam bol'she ne
sushchestvuet.
Poetomu ya hochu obratit'sya k Vam po SEELANGS s pros'boj pomoch' mne v
etom dele. Ya proshu teh, kto gotov v blizhajshem buduschem oprashivat'
svoih blizkih, rodnyh ili druzej, s pomosch'yu voprosnika na russkom
yazyke, otozvat'sya i zayavit' o svoey gotovnosti po adresu :
                        pfandl at balu.kfunigraz.ac.at
napr. slovami "Gotov uchastvovat' v oprose". Mne v pervuyu ochered' nuzhny
otvety emigrantov, uexavshix do 1990 g., vo vsyakom sluchae ne pozhe 1992g.
Za kazhdyj zapolnennyj voprosnik predusmatrivaetsya (pri zhelanii)
skromnoe denezhnoe voznagrazhdenie (5$).
Kto uzhe poluchil pervyj voprosnik, v konce maja poluchit vtoroj.

Zaranee blagodaren Vam za sotrudnichestvo -

Dr. Heinrich PFANDL, Institut fuer Slawistik,
University of Graz, Merang.70, A-8010 GRAZ, Austria.
Tel. +43-316-380-2525, Fax: +43-316-327036;
E-Mail-Adresse (using Eudora on Mac): pfandl at balu.kfunigraz.ac.at

Russian transliteration:
a b v g d e e  zh z i j k l m  n o p r s t u  f x c ch sh shch  # y '  e yu =
ya