Study of Australian Czech / GRANT

Hanus Adler had at praha1.ff.cuni.cz
Tue Apr 18 01:56:57 UTC 1995

My name is Vladana Adlerova. I am from the Czech republic and I am a
student at the dept. of Czech language and literature, Charles
University, Prague.

I would like to ask you for help with my research of the Czech language
development in Australia, which I am planning to carry out this autumn.

In spite of the fact that the Czech minority in Australia ranks among
the largest and most compact in the world, its language had not yet been
examined. A few studies have been published about the development of
Czech language aborad, however these concern Romania, Ukraine and the
United States. Australian Czech remains off the main stream of research,
presumably because of the big geographical distance.

I have already started working with a few sample recordings I received
by mail, nevertheless, it was just enough to get some hints while the
real work has to be done in Australia.

As it is financed wholly by myself, I would like to ask for any form of
grant, scholarship or other help so that the work could be succesfully
finished. I would also like to know whether anywhere in Australia there
are Universities with Czech or Slavic departments and their e-mail /
s-mail addresses.

Please forward this letter to anyone who might be concerned. Thank you.

I am writing this using my husband's e-mail account and I am NOT
subscribed to any list, so please address any replies to him -
had at praha1.ff.cuni.cz or Hanus.Adler at ff.cuni.cz, with the 'Subject:'
line containing 'GRANT'. Thank you.

Vladana Adlerova
had at praha1.ff.cuni.cz