Emigre LIterature

Daniel Michael Hendrick dmh27 at columbia.edu
Wed Apr 19 04:26:26 UTC 1995

I and several other students are considering compiling an anthology of
translated Russian emigre literature, and could use some suggestions.

It seems that the first wave writers (mostly in Paris) were quite
prolific, and finding representative writers is not a problem.  The
second and third waves, as well as areas other than Paris seem somewhat
more obscure.

Does anyone have suggestions?  Ideally, we would like to produce an
anthology that could be used for university classes.  If you were an
instructor for such a course, what would you like to see?  If you are
familiar with emigre literature, what do you feel has been neglected?

Any suggestions would be great, as we're working from the ground up.

Thanks!

Daniel Hendrick
dmh27 at columbia.edu