New Year song

Avraham Kofman avi at tovna.co.il
Tue Dec 5 08:54:13 UTC 1995

A slight correction: the last two lines of the Elochka's first verse seem to be

       TrusishkA zaika seren'kii pod elochkoi skakal,
       Poroiu volk, serdityi VOLK rystsoiu probegal.

Though  I grew up on this song (Kiev, the 30s), I've never heard the next two
verses. They must have been considered old fashioned and were substituted by

       Teper' ona, narjadnaja
       Iz lesu k nam prishla
       I mnogo-mnogo radosti
       Detishkam prinesla.

I am conveying this to you, since I've deleted the post of Svetlana Stepanskaia.

                                                             Avraham Kofman