FYI: Tolstoy Library Online

Dr Yoshimasa Tsuji ytsuji at cfi.waseda.ac.jp
Sat Dec 9 00:57:30 UTC 1995

I simply wonder how they protect the right of translators of L.N.Tosltoy
and the editors of electronic version. Have translators and editors
donated their work to public domain?

Tsuji

P.S.
At least a couple of Americans have published English translations of
Japanese medeaval novels without the consent of the original translators
who had worked on them for tens of years and asked the Americans
for language aid at the final stage. Those Japanese should have taken them
to court, I think. What's the law in the States?