Transit info: O'Hare (or Midway) to Palmer House Hilton

David Powelstock d-powelstock at UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Dec 12 00:34:57 UTC 1995

Dear John,

I'm sending my answer to your query to the list, for obvious reasons.  If
you are flying into MIDWAY AIRPORT, instead of O'Hare, you will take the
ORANGE line of the CTA (El) into the Loop.    The Orange line comes into the
Loop, then makes a clockwise circle.  You should get off at Madison/Wabash
station, 3/4 of the way around the Loop.  From here, you will walk one block
south to Monroe, then 1/2 block west to the Palmer House at 17 E. Monroe.
VERY IMPORTANT: The Madison/Wabash station is closed on Sundays, so if
you're leaving on Sunday, you'll have to use the Adams/Wabash station, which
is 1/2 block east and one block south of the hotel. The El stop at Midway
involves a long walk across a kind of bridge from the airport to the
station.  You'll have no trouble finding this.  Midway is very small.  Just
ask anyone.  I believe there are signs, as well.

Best,
David

At 05:41 PM 12/11/95 -0500, you wrote:

>David,
>
>Do I understand correctly that one can catch the blue line from
>Midway as well into the hotel? Is the El stop as clearly marked
>at Midway as at O'Hare?
>
>Thanks!

>John D. Kachur                                 internet: jdkst12+ at pitt.edu
>Dept. of Slavic Languages and Literatures      business: 412-624-5906
>Univ. of Pittsburgh, 1417 CL                   fax:      412-624-9714
>Pittsburgh, PA 15260                           home:     412-362-0979

*       David Powelstock                (O)   312-702-0035              *
*       Slavic Languages & Literatures  (Dpt) 312-702-8033 (msg)        *
*       University of Chicago           (H)   312-324-5842 (msg)        *
*       1130 E. 59th Street                                     *
*       Chicago, IL  60637                                      *