Siberian BAM Railway Guidebook

Mila Khayutin khayuti at mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA
Sun Dec 17 04:51:28 UTC 1995

I would like to respectfully disagree with some of the most recent
opinions, re: perceived commercialization of this message. The lists like
ours are supposed to be the place for professional information exchange,
for seeking help/giving help, for SHARING what list members perceive to be
of relevance to the field, and of help to others. By definition, I am
participating in the SLAVLIBS discussion group, where A. Urbanic, who
moderates the group, never shies away from posting publishing news/book
related news in the field, or even messages, that could be clearly defined
as commercial, although all of them are closely related to the field of
Slavic librarianship. I have no difficulty trusting professional
judgements of SEELANG participants in posting any message to the list,
that they themselves WOULD CONSIDER TO BE WORTHY OF POSTING, be it new
trends in education, news on books, WWW sites, language-related queries,
etc. We constantly deal with selecting and storing bits and pieces of
useful information. And I trust, we all know by now how to use the
"delete" key for the one we do not need.
Mila Khayutin
Processing Services
McMaster University Libraries
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada