Siberian BAM Railway Guidebook

Gregg Opelka U22733 at UICVM.BITNET
Sun Dec 17 07:51:27 UTC 1995

On Sat, 16 Dec 1995 09:17:52 -0500 Robert Beard said:

Regarding A. Yates' advertising his new book:

Since you invited us to reply, I'm replying. I find nothing wrong with
Mr. Yates' plugging his book on this listserv. It's not as if he's
hawking The Hot Zone, or something completely unrelated to the field. As
an independent instructor of Russian and free-lance interpreter, as well
as a frequent traveller to the Far East, I particularly welcome
information exactly of this kind. I think that electronic "news
releases" about the publication of new books on relative topic are
helpful, informative and should be allowed, at least on a
one-notice-per-book basis. Besides, I'll probably purchase his book. --
Gregg Opelka (gregg.opelka at ala.org)