So. Cal. AATSEEL meeting

Neil Bermel BERMEL at humnet.ucla.edu
Tue Dec 19 01:02:37 UTC 1995

CALL FOR PAPERS

Southern California AATSEEL

Annual Meeting

Saturday, May 4, 1995

The Southern California chapter of AATSEEL announces its annual meeting
with a call for papers in the area of Russian and Slavic literatures,
linguistics and languages.

Our keynote lecturer will be Professor Olga Yokoyama of UCLA, who will
be speaking on discourse theory and its implications for language
teaching, literary studies and linguistics.

Two topics have already been suggested for papers on language:
"Teaching languages on the advanced level" and "Teaching languages to
children of native speakers."  Papers on these topics are welcome,
although all proposals are gladly accepted (especially those
constituting entire panels of 3-5 papers).  Topics in linguistics and
literature are open, and the formation of panels will depend on the
number and quality of submissions received.  Graduate students in
particular are encouraged to submit proposals.

Interested parties should send me a 1-to-2-page abstract no later than
March 1, 1996.  Abstracts and queries can be sent by e-mail to
bermel at humnet.ucla.edu or by paper mail to the address below:

Neil Bermel
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
405 Hilgard Avenue
University of California
Los Angeles, CA 90024