First-year Russian language textbook "Golosa"

J. Rouhier JRUEWILO at ukcc.uky.edu
Thu Feb 9 13:50:39 UTC 1995

Dear Seelangers,

I agree with George about Golosa.  We use it at Kentucky and get through 5
chapters with 4 contact hours a week.  Thus, we complete book 1 in a year.  It
does the book a disservice if you rush through just to get the grammar done
and do not concentrate on the oral/reading work provided.  If one does do the
chapter thoroughly, we have found that the students are not only more confident
but more prepared to deal with Russian in a natural setting in terms of grammar
as well as general speaking and reading ability.  Jeanmarie