Glossary Generator

Robert Davison, City Polytechnic of Hong Kong, 788-7534 ISROBERT at CPHKVX.BITNET
Mon Feb 13 08:42:10 UTC 1995

> <SEELANGS at CUNYVM.BITNET>
>Approved-By:  Mogens Jensen <mojemj at UNIDHP.UNI-C.DK>
>
>Only reluctantly I whisper to those interested in generating wordlists
>from a text: my son & I sell a small program: WordCount, that generates 3
>files from eg a russian WordPerfect/dos text: one file tells about
>statistics (number of words, lines, standard pages aso. One file lists
>all words alphabetically with frequency mentioned - and the third file
>lists all words according to frequency. 200 dKr or 30 US$. Excuse me for
>this commercial! Mogens Jensen.

I would add to this that there are a number of very effective concordancing
packages available which will do word counting, and often a lot more too,
for various sums. examples are: longman's microconcord, oxford concordancing
program, tss (text sort and segment), wordcruncher, etc. etc. you probably
want to look on another list for discussion of those though i do have some
contacts ferreted away somewhere...

Robert
isrobert at cityu.edu.hk