two totally unrelated questions

cooper cooper at indiana.edu
Tue Feb 14 13:19:44 UTC 1995

According to my calendar, Orthodox Lent begins 6 March 1995, a Monday.
There isn't a Shrove Tuesday (i.e., the day before Ash Wednesday) per se,
but there is Maslenica (translated as Shrovetide), the period before
Great Lent, when meat and dairy products are used up before the fast
(corresponding to Carnival--"carni vale" farewell to meat!--in western
traditions).

Cheers,                                                 --Henry Cooper