k12.lang.russian

Harold D. Baker hdbaker at uci.edu
Mon Feb 20 18:07:28 UTC 1995

I am very interested in finding electronic "penpals" (in Russia) for my
third- and fourth-year college Russian students. Somewhere I read that the
newsgroup k12.lang.russian is a good place to find penpals in Russia, but
unfortunately our university server does not have this group and doesn't
seem much interested in my request that it be added. So I have a series of
questions for those better-versed in the Internet than I: (1) is there a
way of getting access to k12.lang.russian through some other server, and
how can I do this; (2) can I _subscribe_ to k12.lang.russian the way I do
to Seelangs, FLTeach, etc.; (3) is k12.lang.russian available in some other
form, such as archived on a gopher; (4) is there another good way to locate
"penpals" for my students? I appreciate very much any help you can give me.

Harold D. Baker
Program in Russian
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92717 USA