Sabbatical Leave

David T. Murphy murphydt at SLUVCA.SLU.EDU
Thu Jun 1 12:47:00 UTC 1995

Dear Colleagues:
I am writing to ask for your assistance in locating someone to cover
three courses for me while I am on sabbatical leave during the Spring
Semester, 1996. The designations and coverage of the courses to be taught
are: RU-A115, covering Golosa, Book I: lessons 6 - 10; RU-A210, covering
Golosa, Book II: lessons 7 - 10; RU-A315, covering the second-half of
Davis & Oprendek's Making Progress in Russian, along with several lessons
from Russian: Stage II.
Experience teaching undergraduates is required, although one need not
have used Golosa, since the materials are relatively new. Complete
command of English is also required, as is good spoken Russian and
familiarity with Bryzgunova's intonation contours. Acquaintance with the
ACTFL Russian Proficiency Guidelines would be helpful, but not necessary.
Inquiries from MAs and ABDs are welcome.
The salary is based upon the scale for a Part-Time Instructor per credit
hour; in this case, for 13 hours in all (including labs). I should say
immediately that the level of remuneration is very modest. On the
positive side, classes are quite small, the students generally highly
motivated, and the atmosphere in the Department relatively relaxed. One
other person, currently on phased-retirement, will teach two courses.
This would be a good opportunity for some to add to her/his dossier.
Please contact me by email or regular mail as soon as possible. My thanks
in advance for your help.
David T. Murphy, Department of Modern & Classical Languages, St. Louis
University, St. Louis, MO 63103; murphydt at sluvca.slu.edu