please help me find Prof. X

Lorraine Busch elle at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Thu Jun 1 15:31:09 UTC 1995

Dear SEELANGERS,
  Our teaching coordinator at Northwestern, Irina Dolgova, is presently
attempting to revamp the structure of 3rd and 4th year Russian to accommodate
small and unequal enrollments.  I remember that about a month or two ago there
was a discussion about this here, with many people relating the ways in which
their departments had resolved the same problem. One of the suggestions, if I
remember correctly, was to have a variety of mini-seminars such as Literature,
Media, Plays etc (I'm not sure that these were exactly what they were called)
offered from which students of either level could choose; the completion of
either level would require taking a certain number of these, rather than
staying in the same linear class all year.
  I told Professor Dolgova yesterday about this idea, and she is interested in
finding out more about it, but unfortunately I don't recall who it was that
put it forward.  Could that person identify him/herself to me, or does anyone
else remember who it was?  Prof Dolgova won't have e-mail until the fall, but
she would like to contact the person in question by phone or letter.
  Thanks for your help!
Lorraine Busch
elle at merle.acns.nwu.edu