Taking VCR to Russia

Alexandra Sosnowski asosnow at cc.UManitoba.CA
Mon Mar 6 06:17:50 UTC 1995

>>From my own experience the best way to bring a VCR to Russia is to buy one in
Europe since you are buying everything at once:  220V, PAL/SECAM versions,
etc.  Moreover it is the cheapest way.  That is how I myself took one few
years ago.

When you want to take one from North America, in fact, you have to buy a
multisystem one which costs a fortune, and yet pay extra for 110/220V switch.
 It is not worth a trouble since you can pick one up much cheaper at any
European airports.  However, if you have time and can look for a good deal
anywhere in Europe, you can truly save and have a good product for a similar
price as here.

Good luck.  Alexandra Sosnowski
University of Manitoba, Canada