Grad student activities

Jeff Holdeman jholdema at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Tue Mar 7 23:28:54 UTC 1995

Dr. Scatton,

I have really appreciated your support of my posting on SEELANGS and of the
issue in general. I have to say that I am kind of disappointed by the
almost total lack of response from the list. Is that typical or surprising?
I have been on SEELANGS only a few weeks and maybe I don't quite understand
the nature of the list. Do you have any insight into the lack of response?
Was it the way I brought it up or is it just a sensitive issue?

Tonight I checked the library for the Kenstowicz book. Both copies are
missing, and another book by him, Generative Phonology, was checked out and
isn't due until May. Any suggestions?

About the linguistics list: Is there a message that goes with the address
LISTSERV at tamvm1.tamu.edu, like subscibe or something?

I hope I'm not drowning you with piddling little questions!

Jeff Holdeman

PS--And thanks for the seminar. We all agreed that it was very good, but
that it passed too quickly.