Questions

S0194172 S0194172 at stud.aubg.bg
Tue Mar 7 20:54:59 UTC 1995

    My name is Codru Vrabie, and I am a Romanian student at the
American University in Bulgaria, and I am involved in a research about
ethnic minorities in the Balkans. Right now, I am concerned
especially with the Aromanians (also known as Macedo-Romanians,
Vlachs, Koutso-Vlachs, Tsintseri, or Chobani), and I would really
appreciate any kind of information that you could send me about these
people. I have already contacted some other list-servers, and I have
some info about their origins, language, and cultural background, but
I am interested mostly in political issues concerning the Aromanians,
such as:
  Did they ever have their own state, self-government, etc., except
for the Vlaho-Bulgarian Empire in the 12th century?
  Was there any Organization fighting for their political rights,
during the modern times?
  Is there such an Organization, nowadays?
  How do they deal with extremist organizations such as the VMRO in
Bulgaria, for instance, but in Greece, Albania, or Serbia?
  What is their attitude towards other neither Greek, nor Slav
minorities in the Balkans, such as Saraktsani?
    Anyway, I would like you to answer my questions as close as
possible to the title of your own list, and only afterwards with
some other details, if there are any...
    I am not on SEELANGS.  Please reply directly.
    Thanking you very much, and wishing you all the best,
                            Sincerely yours, Codru Vrabie.

American University in Bulgaria.
Waterworks Residence, room #301,
2700--Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria, Europe.