Computer Assisted Language Instruction

Alexandra Sosnowski asosnow at cc.UManitoba.CA
Wed Mar 15 19:17:45 UTC 1995

Hallo!

So much for Mac Russian tutorial computer programs... now for all of us who
are on IBMs, are there any Russian language tutorial available?
Thanks,
Ralph Fasano  rfas8815 at uriacc.uri.edu

There is a number of Russian tutors for various levels available for the IBM
computer.  I have mentioned already one which I use, from the Diplomat
Software (for beginners), tel. (714)588-8495, and I also know that some can be
even ftp-ed since they are shareware.  Here is more info:

>For those seeking an introductory tutor (demo)
>you can FTP one from either
>ftp.cica.indiana.edu: /pub/pc/win3/misc/rusntutr.zip
>OR
>asymetrix.com: /pub/usergroup/rusntut.exe
>(this version also requires you get /pub/tbkrun.zip in order to make it go)
>[thanks to Mike Pearce, the program's author, for this info]
>The progam rquires a windows-compatible soundcard to talk to you.  It can
also record your voice.  As I don't have a soundcard, I can't evaluate how
well any of this works.  The program looked like an intro-level tutor.

PS oak.oakland.edu has a nice-looking russian dictionary in
/pub/msdos/educatin/rusen135.zip
and an intro-level tutor in /pub/msdos/langtutr/rustu15.zip

>There are two great programs "KALINKA" - Russian for beginners and
>"MASHA - Brush up your Russian".
>For more info and demodisks send me your address (mailing). Thanks
>Alex ALshvang
>socium at crl.com
>SOCIUM - YOUR BUSINESS PARTNER IN RUSSIA

[Note: Other Russian tutors are available at ftp.funet.fi]
A. M.

I hope this will help.
Alexandra Sosnowski