Ukr titles (help needed)

Loren A. Billings BILLINGS at PUCC.BITNET
Thu Mar 16 07:26:15 UTC 1995

I just realized; all my apostrophes (') were erased for some reason when
I posted the query on Ukrainian titles to SSELangs yesterday.  I was
careful to distinguish soft signs with the symbol _`_ and apostrophes
with the symbol _'_ (I trust the two look different from each other on
your computer screens as well).

One reason to distinguish the two is in words like _slov'ians`kyi_
"Slavic".  The first is an _apostrof_ in the Cyrillic Ukr orthography,
while the latter is a soft sign.

I apologize for this problem; it shouldn't affect any attempts to look
up these things on-line or otherwise, since they aren't alphabetized as
letters in the (North American) library convention.

Thanks again.  --Loren Billings (billings at princeton.edu)