Russian dict./Mac

Laszlo Dienes dienes at slavic.umass.edu
Sun Mar 19 22:13:44 UTC 1995

Dear Seelangers,

Two questions that may be of interest to many of us:

1. has anyone had any experience with the packages that do Cyrillic
OCR? Your opinion? Comments? Suggestions?

2. does anyone know of any Russian dictionaries and/or thesauri
for the MAC? If yes, will you share with us the information we
need (name, address, price)? Also, your opinion? Comments? Suggestions?

(I am NOT asking about spellcheckers. I know of Unispell's spellchecker,
but unfortunately it only works with the few Microsoft products
that dominate the Russian market, so it is of limited use to us.
Besides, it's not a dictionary or thesaurus.)

Spasibo zaranee!

L. Dienes
dienes at slavic.umass.edu