Online Milosz Readings

twoofus at execpc.com twoofus at execpc.com
Thu Mar 23 20:15:19 UTC 1995

SEELANGers!

  For those of you who have discovered the joy of "surfing the net," I have
found yet another Cool Web Site!  It's called "The Internet Poetry Archive"
and its stated purpose is to give contemporary poetry more exposure to a
broader audience.  Eventually the writers hope to have 8 different poets
represented in this "volume," of which there are currently two, one of which
is Milosz.

  The Milosz page has a nice picture of him and links to bibliographical as
well as biographical information.  More importantly, there are links to two
poems, I'm pretty sure they're called "Conversations with Jeanne" and "Poem
for the End of the Century."  What is really cool is that not only do you have
a choice of either English or Polish texts, but there are links that will
allow you to download recordings of Milosz reading the two poems, again either
in Polish or English translation.  The site address is
http://sunsite.unc.edu/dykki/poetry/home.html

Warning!  The recordings are both over 1 meg in size and in .au format, so if
you can't play .au on your computer and can't convert to something else and
don't know someone who can, don't download the file!  I did email the person
who maintains the page and asked about the possibility of other formats.  If
anyone is interested I'd be happy to pass on whatever I find out.

p.s.  The other poet is Seamus Healey (sp?)

Rachel Kilbourn                 Creative minds have always been known
Slavic Dept.                    to survive any kind of bad training.
Univ. of WI - Madison                   -- Anna Freud
twoofus at execpc.com