Opportunity in Yugoslavia

cooper cooper at indiana.edu
Fri Mar 24 00:42:08 UTC 1995

Dear SEELANGers and friends,

I just received from the Fulbright Alumni Association of Yugoslavia
(Palmoticeva 22/I, 11000 Beograd, tel. 381-11-334-524; fax.
381-11-344-513 or 3224-729) a letter dated 7 March 1995, in which they
offer US Slavic scholars the opportunity to spend time in Yugoslavia.
There are two grants:  one is a three-month postdoctoral research grant,
and the other is a six-month graduate award.  They cannot offer travel money.
Those interested should contact the Association directly.

With my letter they included a copy of a very handsome brochure produced
for their literary evenings (8 July 1993, 13 July 1993, and 16 July
1993).  American South Slavicists in particular will want to know that
the first evening opened with a homage to our colleague Ken Naylor.

The brochure, entitled "Continuum," ends with the following statement:

        The Fulbright Alumni Association of Yugoslavia is a continuum
        of the spirit of the Fulbright Program of cooperation and
        international understanding.  Continuing the tradition of this
        prestigious Program, applying the same strict principles of
        excellence, the Association endeavors to fill the gap created
        by its temporary cancellation, by organizing activities in
        education, science, culture and art.

Best wishes,                            --Henry Cooper, Indiana U.