Permission to use Limpopo and Lenin

George Fowler h(317)726-1482 o(812)855-2829 GFOWLER at ucs.indiana.edu
Wed Mar 29 15:39:08 UTC 1995

Greeting!
     A few days ago somebody posted to SEELangs information about obtaining
from ftp.brown.edu a pair of Russian-language CAI packages called "Limpopo" and
"Lenin". I have downloaded them, and would like to post them to an
instructional file server at a regional campus of Indiana University, so that
students there can play with them if they are so motivated (several of them
have been agitating for something like this). However, the instructional
technology people insist that a site license must be obtained, even for obvious
freeware like this. The two programs do not come with a ReadMe file or anything
like that, and I can't currently open them to see if there is a detailed
start-up screen that would supply the necessary permission or at least give
info about how to obtain it.
     Can anyone direct me, or forward this message, to the responsible party
who can issue a site license for this purpose: At the Indianapolis campus of
Indiana, there are 12 students (total) enrolled in first- and second-year
Russian, and I estimate that these programs would be used by half of them or
fewer.
     An excerpt from the earlier posting follows below.
     Thanks!
     George Fowler
     gfowler at indiana.edu