Copyright advice

Daniel Michael Hendrick dmh27 at columbia.edu
Fri Nov 10 17:23:59 UTC 1995

I and other students at Columbia are in the early stages of planning an
anthology of translated emigre works.  I have tried to find material
regarding copyrights, but the sources I have located are vague, and
discuss either translations or anthologies, but not an anthology of
translations.  Has anyone compiled an anthology?  What advice do you
have as regards copyrights?  How does one contact estates?  Should we
contact agents before writers? Etc. etc....

Any input would be helpful.

Best regards, Daniel Hendrick