Teaching Languages

Jouko Lindstedt jslindst at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Nov 15 07:54:30 UTC 1995

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995, aaron vaughn wrote:

>         I lived in Slovenia for almost 2 years, and was able to speak with
> Croatians, Serbians, and Bosnian(Muslim) refugees. My knowlege of
> Serbo-Croatian is limited, but the only major difference that I noticed was
> that Croatians added an j or ij to some words. This seems to be fairly
> consistant.
>         eg. pesem - pjesem
>             reka  - rijeka

This was supposed to be a linguistic and literatures list, not a place for
layman observations about what has been described better in numerous
reference books! And what is "pesem"? (And it is spelled "consistent"
anyway.)

Jouko Lindstedt
Department of Slavonic Languages, University of Helsinki
e-mail: Jouko.Lindstedt at Helsinki.Fi or jslindst at cc.helsinki.fi
http://www.helsinki.fi/~jslindst/