Zakhoder (was: Volkov)

ROBERT A ROTHSTEIN rar at slavic.umass.edu
Thu Nov 16 04:24:37 UTC 1995

        This discussion has probably gone on too long already, but
permit me to cite in evidence four books before resting my case.

        1) _Vinni-pukh i vse-vse-vse_ (Detskaia literatura, 1965):
The title page has A. A. Milne's name in large type above the
title.  At the bottom of the page, in smaller type, "pereskazal
Boris Zakhoder."

        2) _Piter Pen_ (Detskaia literatura, 1971):  The title page
has James Barry's name in large type above the title.  At the bottom
of the page, in smaller type, "Perevod s angliiskogo Borisa Zakhodera."

        3) _Prikliucheniia Alisy v Strane Chudes_ (Detskaia
literatura, 1974):  The title page has Lewis Carroll's name in large
type above the title.  In the middle of the page, in smaller type,
"Skazka, rasskazannaia Borisom Zakhoderom."

        4) _Meri Poppins_ (Detskaia literatura, 1968):  The title page
has P. L. Travers' name in large type above the title.  In the middle
of the page, in much smaller type, "Sokrashchennyi perevod s angliiskogo
Borisa Zakhodera."

                        Bob Rothstein