Russian idiomatic dict. citation

Randolph J. Herber herber at dcdrjh.fnal.gov
Thu Nov 16 17:11:37 UTC 1995

The following header lines retained to affect attribution:
|Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 08:27:51 -0800
|From: AnnMarie Mitchell <amitchel at library.berkeley.edu>
|Subject: Russian idiomatic dict. citation

|Here is our citation for the book Mr Huber mentions in his helpful message:

|  Lubensky, Sophia.
|       Random House Russian-English dictionary of idioms / Sophia
|         Lubensky. 1st ed.
|       New York : Random House, c1995.

|We keep this book in our Reference Room under this call no.  PG2460.L83 1995.
|Other libraries are probably using a very similar number and have it
|marked noncirculating too.

|I notice that we paid about $55 (local tax and shipping included)

|AnnMarie Mitchell
|Librarian for Polish Collections
|University of California (Berkeley)

Please, excuse my improper citation technique.  My professional specialization
is computer professional and not the humanities.  I have a amateur interest
in languages and linguistics.  In particular, my interest in the Russian
language comes from working with native Russian scientists both here at
Fermilab directly and in the NIS (SNG) via electronic mail.

I wrote the message which AnnMarie Mitchell refered to from home refering
to my personal copy of the mentioned book.  I apologize for not including
the ``Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data.''  I also apologize
for not including the Dewey system catalog number.  I use neither at home.

I will try to remember to include the ``Library of Congress Cataloging-in-
Publication Data'' in the future.  Thank you for pointing out this need.

Our local book stores do ask for the (I)nternational (S)chool (B)ook (N)umber
when one orders a book.  That is why I did include that data.

I did not include a price as I have discovered that prices vary from source
to source.  I paid about $60.

Randolph J. Herber, herber at dcdrjh.fnal.gov, +1 708 840 2966, CD/HQ CDF-PK-149O
(Speaking for myself and not for US, US DOE, FNAL nor URA.)
(Product, trade, or service marks herein belong to their respective owners.)