Lighten Up!

mary mclendon lisa.mc at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Fri Nov 17 06:01:34 UTC 1995

Hello Fellow SEELangers,
As a usual "lurker" on this list, I am compelled to write because of what
seems to me like petty sniping the past couple of days.  Since this list is
somewhat academic but not too technical, I realize that the questions and
topics posed should not be too elementary, but also that sometimes people
just want an "in-a-nutshell" informal response.  In addition, some of us do
use libraries and find call numbers, etc., useful, especially if we only
need to look up a few things and not buy the whole book.  Sometimes it seems
as if in our "techno-philia" we overlook just how much information there
really is in a library.  But anyhow, I think that a list like this should be
a place for sharing information or information about how to get the
information one wants, and discussion of things Slavic.  We need to be
supportive of each other and not so quick to take offense.  Someone recently
posted a review of a report talking about how Russian is a field that "eats
its young" -- that can be changed.
Thanks for the forum.
Lisa McLendon
Graduate Student, Univ. of Texas at Austin