Adresses in Australia

Birgitta Englund Dimitrova Birgitta.Englund at tolk.su.se
Mon Nov 20 08:13:38 UTC 1995

Hi all Seelangers, and especially you down under,

I am a Swedish Slavist with interests in South Slavic languages (Bulg, Mac)
and in Russian.  Presently, I do research in translation and
interpretation, mainly between Russian and Swedish.  I also teach
translation theory and work with planning Swedish translator and
interpreter training.  In February 1996, I will be going to Australia to
the FIT (Federation internationale des traducteurs) congress in Melbourne.
I would like to combine this with finding out as much as possbile about
translation and interpretation in Australia - possibly also about Slavic
linguistics.  In translation and interpretation, I am interested in both
training, research and services.  In interpretation, I am interested in
both spoken languages and sign languages.

I need your help in finding people to contact, as quickly as possible.  So
I would be extremely grateful for any of the following information:
1)  suggestions of people or institutions to contact, if possible with
email adress or fax number;
2) more specifically, I am looking for a way of contacting the translator
training people at Macquarie university in Sydney.

I am very grateful for any information you can give me.  Please respond
directly to me, not to the list.  My adress is: Birgitta.Englund at tolk.su.se

Thanks in advance,
Birgitta

Birgitta Englund Dimitrova
Institute for Interpretation and Translation Studies, Stockholm University
S-106 91  Stockholm, Sweden
e-mail: Birgitta.Englund at tolk.su.se
Tel. + 46 8 16 14 83,  telefax + 46 8 16 13 96