random question

Paul Klanderud klanderud at macalstr.edu
Mon Nov 27 15:25:33 UTC 1995

Privet, Keith,

Just thought I'd add my two cents' worth about this East-West thing. I
don't really know anything about it, except that I do recognize the name
Robert Mann as someone in the field; if I'm not mistaken, he wrote a book
(through Slavica, kazhetsia), on <The Igor Tale>; I think his book has the
enticing title <Lances Sing>. That doesn't really say anything--maybe
someone simply used his name.

Say, when you call about the distance learning, I can ask you some
questions about modems, etc. This past weekend I bought an internal
fax/modem for my desktop computer, but something went terribly wrong, and
eventually, after hours of suffering, I managed to correct things by
entirely deleting my Windows files (through WordPerfect, which, thankfully,
I still run through DOS), and then reloading it all. Needless to say, that
evil machine is getting yanked out this afternoon. I got it cause it was
cheaper than getting a card for my portable, but I think I'll take the safe
route and go with the portable and a card all the same. So maybe you could
answer some questions on that account (even though you're one of those Mac
people...).

Tebe ostalos' tol'ko pozavidovat': We got dumped on last night, a good five
or six inches of snow! Break out the pickup!
Tvoi,
Pozorov-Stydinov

Paul Klanderud                          e-mail: klanderud at macalstr.edu
Department of German and Russian        office: (612) 696-6392
Macalester College                      fax: (612) 696-6428
1600 Grand Ave.                         home: (715) 425-9507
St. Paul MN 55105