hungarian texts

E Wayles Browne ewb2 at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 26 01:06:33 UTC 1995

On Wed, 25 Oct 1995, brian horowitz wrote:

> About Hungarian Texts:
>      There are a few of them and while I cannot speak about them all,
> I can mention one which I used.
>      Learn Hungarian by Z. Banhidi, Z. Jokay and D. Szabo, Budapest:
> Kultura, 1965.
>     This is a comprehensive grammar with ridiculous Soviet-type texts,
> but with all the irregular forms an English student of Hungarian will
> ever need.  If you like deductive methods for learning foreign
> languages, this is your book.
>
>      Brian Horowitz, U. of Nebraska, Lincoln
There are recordings to go with the book; additional recordings
and additional written materials for use with it "Individualized
Instruction materials" are available from Ohio State University.
Perhaps someone at OSU could confirm the proper address to contact.
I have been using the book for a long time and find it very
systematic and clear.
Wayles Browne, Cornell University