hungarian texts

James Kirchner JPKIRCHNER at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 07:45:12 UTC 1995

On Oct. 25, 1995 AnnMarie Mitchell wrote:

>I doubt the book will be for
>sale anywhere, unless someone is tremendously lucky in a
>used book store.
>Here's the citation:
> Foreign Service Institute (U.S.)
>       Hungarian basic course, units 1-[24, by] Augustus A.
>Koski [and]
>         Ilona Mihalyfy.
>       Washington, Dept. of State; [for sale by the
>Superintendent of
>         Documents, U.S. Govt. Print. Off.] 1962 [i.e. 1963]-64. 2
>v.
>       (Foreign Service Institute basic course series)

This book is still commonly found in larger bookstores (Borders, Barnes &
Noble, et al) in an edition put out by Hippocrene.  The original is still
available from the US Government, along with a complete set of cassettes,
from the National Technical Information Service of the US Department of
Commerce.  I think there's also a second volume with still another set of
cassettes.  Audio-Forum also sells these materials, but with a bit of a
markup.

James Kirchner