Russian publication

Markell R West markell at afterlife.ncsc.mil
Mon Apr 1 14:10:47 UTC 1996

I wanted to send this directly to the lady who had requested some
suggestions for Russian publications but I have deleted her message.
Then again, it could be interesting for others, too!

It is called RUSSKIJ VANKUVER/RUSSIAN VANCOUVER and is bilingual.  It
costs one Canadian dollar per issue.  The February 1996 issue contains:
"Independent immigrants, Joseph Brodsky (nobel prize laureate), The
Daughter of Il'ya Ilf, The Suymposium (a report about a symposium about
Eastern Europe and Russia), Bibs Ekkel and the Balalaika, Russian
Artist, The Power of Magnets, Instruments (about musical instruments),
a few more articles, letters to the editor, and a local
advertisements.

12 issues for $25.00; $35.00 outside Canada.

Russian Vancouver
504-1260 Howe Street
Vacouver, BC V6Z IR5
(604) 681-0648, phone or fax.

Disclaimers:  "Stories that are translated into Englih may not to be
structured in academic English due to our desire to preserve each
authors original work."  (sic)

So, I'd think this is very good for anglophone students of Russian.
There is at least one translators note in this issue, about a play on
words.  From my point of view, it's great, because I'm too lazy to
read with a dictionary.

Markell West