Nachalo

Devin Asay Devin_Asay at byu.edu
Wed Apr 3 18:03:39 UTC 1996

<Stuff about Nachalo video deleted.>

>I'm interested to know more about the software.  What sort of interface
>does it have and what platform is it for? Has anyone seen it?
>
>Stephany Gould

The software is called the Russian Vocabulary Tutor and runs on any
Macintosh computer.  It covers all of the active vocabulary for volume 1 of
Nachalo, plus a few dozen other terms.  Each vocabulary item is illustrated
with graphics, audio, a definition and a contextual example.  The items are
grouped by lesson (1 - 8) as in the Nachalo textbook.  Students can take a
quiz on any lesson or combination of lessons.  It uses an easy to learn
point and click interface.  The Vocabulary Tutor will be distributed ( I
hope) on CD-ROM and can run from a hard disk, CD-ROM, or AppleTalk server.

We have been using it here at BYU in beta form for several months.  It will
be finished as soon as the developer stops typing e-mail messages and
finishes writing the user manual--maybe today. ;-)  It should be available
from the publisher very soon.

Devin Asay
Assistant Research Fellow
Humanities Research Center
Brigham Young University
3045A JKHB                                   Tel:  (801) 378-6510
PO Box 26106                           Fax:  (801) 378-4649
Provo, UT  84602-6106                  Internet: Devin_Asay at byu.edu