Information on writers

Serge Rogosin SRogosin at aol.com
Mon Apr 15 05:52:32 UTC 1996

Dear Barry:

I don't know if you still need this information, but I was able to track down
the year and place of Rodion Akulshin.  As you probably know, he published in
the US under the name Beryozov and caused a sensation when he admitted that
he used a false identity to come to the US to escape repatriation. He was
born in the village Vilovatoye in 1896 the thirteenth child in a peasant
family.  He died in Ashford, CT on June 6, 1988.  I asked around, but noone
knew about the other writers you asked about.  Probably the leading authority
about emigre poets in the US is Valentina Sinkevich, the editor and publisher
of Vstrechi, the annual anthology of emigre Russian poetry.  I can give you
her address if you like.

I don't know your fields of interest, but if you ever come across any mention
of the balalaika abroad, or any interesting quotes in Russian or Soviet
literature, please let me know.  I am currently collecting information for a
book on the subject and would like to track down as many references as I can,
however obscure they may be.

Best wishes,
Serge Rogosin

93-49 222 Street