Query:Loanwords from Baltic

Jules Levin jflevin at ucrac1.ucr.edu
Mon Apr 15 22:17:16 UTC 1996

A colleague of mine who does Latvian linguistics, Aleksandra Steinbergs, who
teaches at U of Newfoundland, asked me for any examples of Baltic borrowings
into Slavic, for a more or less popular talk her mother will be giving in
Latvia.  Below is my answer (off the top of my head, I confess).  I then
offered to put her question to SEELANGS.  You can reply to her at her
address as shown in my message to her, or to me for forwarding.  Thanks to
all...