Sorter for Cyrillic II Pala font--help!

Nancy Novak Gjcnen at aol.com
Fri Apr 19 20:25:15 UTC 1996

Hello, Seelangers. I hope that some of you computer types out there can help
me in my (somewhat) desperate situation:

I'm using the Cyrillic II Pala (bilingual Eng/Russ, translit) font from
Linguists' Software, with MacWrite Pro on a Mac, to write a Russian grammar
text. It's taking forever to sort the glossaries for each chapter by hand
(there are 40 chapters) & at the end I'm going to have a big glossary, so I
need to find something that will allow me to alphabetize my Russian font.

Although they sold me the font, Linguists' Software doesn't have any such
thing, & directed me to Apple, who told me about their Cyrillic language kit,
which for various reasons I can't use. Although there are probably other
good, easily sortable Russian fonts out there, now that I've bought this
Cyrillic Pala II font, I'm stuck with it--no time to convert everything I've
already written into a new font, & my publisher won't pay for another font
(they already bought this one). They will pay for software to sort this font,
though, if such a thing exists.

So, my question is: how can I sort Cyrillic Pala II, or what can I purchase
(& from where) that will allow me to sort this font, or is it altogether
impossible? Thanks very much for any help/suggestions you can give.  Nancy
Novak