INTERNSHIP GUIDE (fwd)

Devin P Browne dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu
Mon Aug 19 12:49:36 UTC 1996

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 96 14:27:26 EDT
From: Paul Goode <paul.goode+ at st-antonys.oxford.ac.uk>
To: Multiple recipients of list <civilsoc at solar.rtd.utk.edu>
Subject: INTERNSHIP GUIDE

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I am putting together a guide to finding internships in Central and
Eastern Europe and the FSU on behalf of Oxford University's Russian and
East European Studies Department.  The guide will be available on the WWW
and in hard copy.  The most valuable sort of information that can go into
such a guide comes from personal testimony, so I am hoping to hear from:

(a) individuals with experience in locating internships, including
method(s) of contact, type of internship (paid/unpaid, duties, etc.), how
many you applied for and how long it took, and any other particulars;

(b) individuals, organizations, or companies who currently offer or would
like to offer internships.  Please specify particulars and, at the very
least, all available contact data (address, phone, fax, e-mail).  If you
are now or have previously employed interns, any information you could
provide as to what you look for in applicants and what makes a candidate
stand out would be greatly appreciated.

All respondents will be referenced on request.  Please indicate if you'd
be willing to have your contact information made available in the guide
(if no indication is given, I will not provide e-mail addresses).  I am
also looking for information on chambers of commerce or similar bodies.
Thanks for your time.

Paul Goode
St. Antony's College
Oxford  OX2 6JF