AATSEEL Panel: Language Contact

Jason Pontius japontiu at midway.uchicago.edu
Mon Dec 9 18:35:55 UTC 1996

Given David Birnbaum's recent guidelines for panel proposals:

>1. To Propose a Panel. Any member may propose a panel by submitting a
>panel declaration form to the appropriate division head by 15 January.
>Members are encouraged to propose panels on specific and cohesive themes,
>which will encourage the panelists to address closely-related issues.

>8. Chairs and Secretaries. Members who submit panel declaration forms
>will chair those panels, and are encouraged to recruit participants,
>subject to the peer review process described above (refereeing is
>applied at the level of individual papers, rather than panels).

... it sounds like those of us who'd like to propose panels had better get
on the ball.  To that end, I would like to propose a panel for 1997 on
issues of _language contact_ in the Slavic world.  If you would like to
give a paper on such a panel, or be a discussant, or simply express
interest, please reply to me off-list at japontiu at midway.uchicago.edu.

-- Jason Pontius

jason allen pontius    slavic    university of chicago
7 7 3 . 3 2 4 . 7 1 7 3   japontiu at midway.uchicago.edu